Monday, February 11, 2008

Back on The Blog


It's been months since my last post. It's not that nothing interesting has happened, I just haven't wanted to write about it. Publically.

I'm back on the training circuit and that's always fun to write about. I've joined Master's at Koret and figured, since I was going to swim with the big guns, I should act like the big guns act. Thus, I pee'd in the pool. It was fun. But come on. Really? Am I that susceptible to the bad advice of my fellow swimmers?

Here's what happened. It was 40 minutes into the workout and I had to go. Attendance was pretty low that night and I had the whole lane to myself. I was hanging at the end of the lane on a rest...and...it just kinda happened. Ok, it didn't "just" happen. I can't in good conscience blame this on bladder control. But there I was, peeing in the water and nobody knew!

The whole point of peeing in the water was so I could continue the workout without having to get out of the pool. Problem is, after I pee'd in my own friggin lane, I didn't want to keep swimming in it. And so, I am chalking this experience up to a bad judgment call. And while I will continue to pee in my wetsuit, there will be no more peeing at Koret, so fear not fellow Masters' swimmers. That warm spot has nothing to do with me.

No comments: