Saturday, September 20, 2008

Introducing...Cooper

I recently said goodbye to my loyal companion, my Jetta, Leroy. It was harder than I expected it to be. I got him detailed, got the bumper touched up, but then I hesitated before posting the listing. While he was physically ready to go, I wasn't emotionally ready to let go. Finally, with my new car on the way, I reminded myself: it's just a car, and I put the ad up on craigslist. Less than a week later, he was gone. The first person to respond to the ad, ended up buying him for just under asking price. I think he went to a good home, a cute, young guy who needed a good commuting car. I hope he scores lots of chics and that Leroy can live out his golden years with some TLC.

And so I went to pick up my new wheels this week, the VW GTI whom I've christened (or "jewened") Cooper, after the car Diageo wouldn't let me buy. Now, sad as I am that I couldn't get a Mini Cooper, I must say, the GTI is pretty damn awesome. It's fast. So fast, I got a speeding ticket my second time driving it. And, no offense Leroy, but it's so much more luxurious. Heated leather seats, integrated stereo system, and various other cool doo-dads that make driving (and parking) an enjoyable experience.

Cooper's first trip to the country: Canoeing on the Russian River

Now, about that speeding ticket, does anyone know if it's legal for a cop to record a conversation without notifying you up front? This douchebag cop recorded the whole deal and didn't tell me until the end. Cooper and I feel so violated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo, yo, yo Cooper! my man! does it surprise you that cooper has gotten you into criminal mischief already???

PamSpace said...

Why am I always attracted to the bad boys?