Thursday, March 8, 2007

Aquatic Park

It won't be long before I'm back at Aquatic Park.

The water is clean as a whistle and getting warmer every day, today's temp is a balmy 55 degrees.

While I'm here, a quick training update as I missed a week, highlights of which included a great run from Ross Commons, and another rainy bike ride among other things.

Sat, Mar 3: 60 minute run in Corte Madera, followed by a swim. It was tough swimming after the run, my legs (if legs could talk) were like, "wo, wo wo. what the fuck is this, Schwartz?"

Sun, Mar 4: Paradise Loop. Followed by a trip to Mike's Bikes to see why my bike computer wasn't working. Turns out, I put it on backwards so the sensor wasn't sensing the signal. I remember when I got the thing, Brian offered to install it, but I insisted on doing it myself thinking: How hard can it be? Lesson learned.

Mon: Rest Day

Tues: Ummm, another rest day as I intended to swim but time got the best of me. Damn that job.

Wed's track workout was good, it started misting heavily about half-way through, so we ended up getting pretty wet, making the rests a bit chilly. I felt pretty good throughout, did the steps at Kezar and running about 8-9 min/miles. Went to Papalote for an excellent burrito after with Annie & Peter.

Tonight's visit to Koret, resulted in my first FULL PRO swim workout, without cheating. I swam 2800 meters in 51 minutes (including rests). My goal was to build up time in the water, which I find challenging as I get bored easily. It wasn't so bad, since a lot of the workout was drills. Also, was sharing the lane with a faster swimmer, which made me push harder.

7 comments:

BrianZ said...

Is this going to be a place where you admit that I'm right? If so, this blog thing was a great idea!

PamSpace said...

Yes; however, you'll have to be right about something first.

glz said...

I think blogging is awesome... And you're funny! Keep up the good work. My blog is all "woe is me..." I need you to balance me out.

Anonymous said...

Why no pics of you training? I'd like to see your choice if I come here to read! ;-)

PamSpace said...

Philip, now that you have a girlfriend, there are far fewer pictures of me on the team website. Go figure.

BrianZ said...

Here's a choice photo for you Philip:

http://tinyurl.com/yswdyd

PamSpace said...

Ah Brian...you make me laugh.