Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Are You a Pool Pee-er?


I cannot decide if this story makes me want to laugh or cry.

Back at Koret tonight, I swam 2400 meters...and swimming laps in a pool is kind of like running on a hamster wheel. My mind tires far more quickly than my body does, and I am often at a loss for creative mental games with which to occupy myself. Here's a highlight of one topic I was pontificating on tonight:

How much pee is there in the water? This may be a shock, but the thought had never struck me--until tonight, that is--that people pee'd in the water. This is a concern that escaped my conscious mind circa age 12. Tonight; however, I happened to be swimming while a bunch of kids, probably ranging in age from 9-12, were having a lesson. I was at about lap 3 when the banner started to scroll across my head: those kids are peeing in this pool. GROSS! And the more I thought about it, the more I could taste the water tasting like, well, pee (not that I know what that tastes like).

The story gets worse. I manage to stay in the water for the full swim, focusing instead on the chlorine and other toxic agents that might have been in use to keep the water hygenic (see, positive visualization DOES work!). But as I'm leaving Koret, I run into my teamate, who has asked to remain anonymous. We're chatting in the parking lot and he asks how my swim was. I tell him that it was good, and I also share with him my realization about the urine samples knowingly left behind. His flippant and immediate response was, "Well, I pee in the water. Everyone pees in the water." I soon realized that he wasn't joking. As we parted, he even said, "Gotta go pee now."

Is this true???? He challenged me to survey swimmers and see if they pee in the pool. Yes, I mean ADULTS. So, be a coward and use the "anonymous" feature on the comments, or be brave and admit it to the world.

I really hope he's wrong, because that's just gross. Maybe you can all just lie to me, cause I'm not sure I even want to know.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't P in our OOL!!!
Peeing in the pool is gross. Like it's SOOO 8th grade gym.
If I wanted to be in with everyone's pee, I'd swim in the overheated kiddie pool.
Although I will admit that I do pee in the wetsuit for open-water purposes, but pee is the least of my worries when swimming in the SF Bay.

glz said...

I don't pee in the pool, but to be completely honest, only because I am afraid other people in my lane might become suspicious when they feel the "warm spot" conveniently near where I am standing. I also have a hard time peeing while standing upright. But if it weren't for those two reasons, there are a few occasions in which I might have; although now, with all the pool water I've been drinking in an effort to find a comfortable bilateral breathing pattern, I'm reconsidering my figurative emptying of the bladder...

BrianZ said...

Wow...that is pretty damn gross. Can't these people hold it and pee in the showers like everyone else?!?!

Anonymous said...

i only pee in the pool when i know that pam is in it. otherwise, i just sweat it out.

Craig said...

Not only do I not pee in the pool, I don't even pee in my wetsuit. I think I am the double minority here.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, Moms always said don't pee in the pool because it will turn green and everyone will know. Through trial and error I realized that is a myth to keep us from peeing in the pool. Even though I mythbusted it, when I DO pee in the pool I still hope it's not turning green.

Anonymous said...

Pammee! This is my first blog-experience. I too was once told that if you pee in the pool that the pee will change color and everyone will know. So, no, I don't. But, I do pee in the ocean. Cute picture of you swimming, by the way.

PamSpace said...

The overwhelming concensus is that adults do not pee in the pool. I hope our dissenting readers learn a thing or two from this. Here's what I've learned: be careful who you share a lane with.

Anonymous said...

I Pee In Pools!!!!!!!! Not Mine though, & hot tubs too!

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm in a minority then, well here at least, as I still enjoy taking a pee in a public pool. In every other aspect of life I behave as an adult should, but this is my one weakness.

I love to stand waist deep in a busy pool and pee through my swimsuit or bikini - first feeling the warmth at my crotch, then between my legs, and then all round me as my pee spreads in the water.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but at least I've been totally honest about it.

Anonymous said...

I've been a competitive swimmer since I was a child and I have always peed in pools I swim in. I am on a Masters Team now and still do so. Force of habit? Maybe. Convenience? Most likely.

KathyR76 said...

I've always peed in pools. The warmth it makes in my swimsuit is very sensual. Also, it's exciting to be peeing close to and around other people-- and standing up while doing it just adds to the excitement.

Anonymous said...

I pee in open water sources sometimes (oceans and such) but peeing in a tiny, enclosed pool is just gross...no matter how much chlorine there is!

first masturbation stories said...

Itouched its moist warm clit and she almost jumped. Do notmore and do not remove this blindfold.
free adult gay stories
incest brother sister stories
sexy ladies sex stories
erotic lesbian sixty nine sex stories
bdsm femdom toilet stories
Itouched its moist warm clit and she almost jumped. Do notmore and do not remove this blindfold.

Anonymous said...

I masterbait in the pool and then pee an everything . I also.love swimming in other girls.pee

Anonymous said...

Do people not realise that the water from the shower and the pool is the same the only thing that changes the water into chlorine is chlorine tablets that are put into the pool so even peeing in the shower is the exacts same as peeing In the pool really