Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Still Got it?

Feb 20, 07
After my recent CPK test scare, and subsequent testing which shows that I do not have any life-threatening diseases, but instead, am severely out of shape, I'm pleased to find the first few weeks of the season I am adapting well to the increase in physical activity.

Recap of week 2:
Sat 2/10: Swim 26 laps in the 12 min time trial, I think this is about the same as LY. Then we biked 20 miles in the pouring rain. Welcome back to Wildflower season.
Sun 2/11: I skip the run in favor of a short jaunt to Tahoe for the day. It's snowing, what can I say?
Mon/Tues: A series of unfortunate social events prevents me from training. Seriously.
Wed: 2 mile Time trial at Kezar, I am embarrassed by my time...10 min miles. Granted, I was chatting most of the first mile, but the second mile was going at what I thought was a decent pace (for me), only to find it was a 9 min. mile. Oy. I remember back in the day when I was knocking on the 8 min mile door.
Thurs: Yoga class. Ouch. I can barely walk home after.
Sat: Good swim workout at IVC followed by a ride up to Big Rock. It is an absolutely gorgeous day. I am asked to drop down to the elite group because I am slow. A true low moment in my career as a TNT participant.
Sun: a bit hungover (shouldn't of had that after-dinner armagnac) but drag myself out for a run through GG Park. I run about 3 miles. Total distance traveled: about 4.
Mon: Weights and swim at Koret. Koret is a TNT magnet, I bump into Menekse & Jen in the locker room.

No comments: